Buying vs Leasing Vehicles in Edmonton, AB
New car shopping is a process that is long and complicated. There are a lot of choices, even before you start looking at vehicles that go into buying a vehicle, like whether buying a pre-owned vehicle or a demo is right for you. One of which, is whether to buy or to lease a vehicle. It’s not a decision to be taken lightly. Both options have their benefits as well as their disadvantages. West Side Acura is here to show you the differences between buying and leasing a car in Edmonton, AB.
Here’s how they compare.
Reason why to buy:
- You get to own your vehicle outright.
- Customize or upgrade is an option.
- Keep the vehicle long term
- Owning a vehicle equates to equity long term.
- Driving the same vehicle long term leads to a high level of comfort and familiarity.
Reason why to lease:
- No long term commitment
- Lease vehicles stay under warranty
- Always driving new vehicles
- No value depreciation
- More variety in shorter time frame
When it comes down to it, leasing lends more towards people who want change, who like variety and no commitments, where buying lends itself more towards people looking to lock in and stay with one thing for a longer period of time. Whether you’re buying or leasing comes down to what you want specifically out of your driving experience.