Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning
Acura's Road Departure Features In Edmonton, Alberta
Here at Westside Acura, our new inventory of Acura's has the available Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning. Our available Acura's with RDM includes the Acura ILX, TLX, RLX and the Acura MDX. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Westside Acura is happy to answer any questions regarding Acura technology and safety features.
What is Road Departure Mitigation With Lane Departure Warning?
LDW means if your vehicle leaves the detected lane. Without signalling, the Road Departure Mitigation System with LDW alerts the driver with a strong steering wheel vibration. It can use steering torque to help bring the vehicle back into its lane. The LDW may even apply the brakes to help the car from leaving the road altogether. Book a service appointment today to learn more about Acura's Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning through our service centre.
How to use Road Departure Mitigation:
- The Road Departure Mitigation is activated every time you start the vehicle.
- Road Departure Mitigation is active, even if Lane Keep Assist (LKAS) is off.
- To turn (RDM) out, you press and hold the RDM button for 2 seconds, Located on the driver's side panel to the left of the steering wheel. The Multi-information Display (MID) will indicate "Road Departure Mitigation OFF."
- Press and hold the RDM button on the left side of the steering wheel, beside the door, to turn the system back on. When the system is on, a green indicator appears on the button.
- MID will indicate "Road Departure Mitigation ON."
How does Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) work?
When RDM becomes activated, the camera mounted at the top centre of the windshield will detect lane markings to monitor the vehicle's position on the road if the vehicle drifts from the intended lane without using a turn signal. A visual warning will appear on the dashboard, accompanied by an audible chime and subtle steering assist, helping the driver guide the vehicle back to the centre of the lane. If the vehicle's system determines that its steering input is insufficient to keep a vehicle on the road, The vehicle's system may apply braking force. Braking is only used when the lane markings are solid continuous lines. The system cancels assist operation when the driver turns the wheel-adjusting RDM settings to adjust RDM alert setting.
Adjusting RDM Settings
- To adjust the Road Departure Mitigation alert setting, follow these steps:
- Press the setting Button
- Select Vehicle Settings
- Select Road Departure Mitigation setting in the driver-assist system setup tab.
- Choose between regular, wide or warning only to adjust the sensitivity of the system.
The benefits of Road Departure Mitigation
RDM can be helpful during long-distance highway driving when driver fatigue is more likely to occur. RDM can help keep the driver aware of the road ahead and the vehicle within the lane on the road. RDM not only helps to keep the driver safe but surrounding motorists as well.