Like its stablemates, the Acura RDX boasts all the tech and connectivity amenities modern motorists have come to expect, and we’ve compiled a user-friendly guide on how to pair your device to the RDX with Bluetooth for customers in and around Edmonton, Alberta. Just follow the steps listed below to stay connected and enjoy your smartphone services at the wheel or contact us at West Side Acura for more information.
Step-by-Step Guide to Connecting Your Device to the Acura RDX Through Bluetooth
- If you’re using an Android phone, start by going to your Settings menu, then to Connections. This will take you to a Bluetooth menu, where you’ll select Turn on Bluetooth. Apple phone users can do the same via their Settings menu.
- Keep the Bluetooth menu open until you’ve completed your setup.
- On your Acura RDX’s display, select Phone, Connect Phone, then Connect New Device.
- Select your device name from the ensuing search results.
- Wait for the Bluetooth connection request.
- Make sure the pairing codes of your phone and vehicle display both match.
- Press OK on your phone.
- Select the three function checkboxes on your touchscreen.
- Select Connect.
- Select Continue, then Enable twice for the ensuing pop-ups.
- If Android asks, “Allow access to messages?”, select Allow.
- If Android asks, “Allow access to contacts and phone log?”, select Allow.
- Your wireless setup is complete, and text message dictation is now enabled.
If you’d like a more hands-on demonstration on connecting your device to the Acura RDX or any other model in our dealership’s new inventory, feel free to bring your vehicle into our service centre. A member of our staff will be happy to walk you through the process and fill you in on everything worth knowing about the RDX’s suite of tech and connectivity functions.